Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Sunshine Award

The Sunshine Award!

 Wow, really. Thank you to Cemetery Travel: Adventures in Graveyards Around The World for nominating me for this award. And look, I managed to actually put the link in and everything. Does that get me extra points for being all tech savvy? I didn't think so.  Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Cemetery Travel is Loren Rhoads' blog. In addition to being one of my best and oldest friends, Loren knows pretty much everything about graveyards. I always find her blog fascinating.  You all should check it out..
Now, as for the Sunshine Award, here are the rules:
Include the award logo in a blog post.
Answer the 10 questions about yourself.
Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers. Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know about the award. (I will nominate everyone I can think of, but I'm not sure that will equal 10!)
Share the love and link the person that nominated you.
10 Questions
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
I'd like to feel that I was more of a grown up. I would like not to feel like I'm faking it all the time.
2. What's your theme song?
 Oh, easy. Life On Mars? This video is from the Serious Moonlight tour--where I most likely heard it the first time.

:
3. What are you passionate about?
Fiction. I know, that sounds sort of...  pretentious. but it's honest. Fiction is my religion. I think we can explain and understand anything through a good story. I know it's the only way my life's made any sense at all.
4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
Of course, I wish it was still the '80's, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in an earlier time. Possibly the Victorian era, but only if I could be a pretty boy.
5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Maybe this shouldn't be difficult, but it is....  I did love my dolls. I liked the ones with big dresses and lots of hair the best.
6. What is your favorite household chore?
Humm.  None. Well, if I had to choice, dishes.  There's something calming about dishes.  And I always think I can feel the ghost of my first cat Ziggy sitting on my foot when I stand at the sink.
7. Do you twitter?
No. I mean, I try periodically, but I'm not good at it.
8. Any goals?
I've got a lot of goals, but... Well, I'm teaching a writing workshop now, I'd like that to become a regular thing. Also, I'd like to get some damn books published.
9. What is your favorite time of year?
Fall. I love the smell.
10. What is your favorite day?
I like Sunday mornings. Usually I'm not working, so I get to write. I like to get up early and sit on my back porch with my notebook.
My Nominations:
Echoes from the Depths
The Snarky Chickpea
Kacey Vanderkarr
Philip Brewer

So, I didn't get to ten.  That just means I need to read more blogs, right? The Internet is a new and amazing place. I'm still learning.

m





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment